Sunday 22 January 2017

Industry Project- Promotion

I knew that I wanted plain, infinity-roll, background shots for our look-book so photographed these on a model too. I am confident that my front, back, side and detail shots would aid the press and buyers to better understand the collection.

I edited the shots from both the on location and look-book shoots and selected my favourite finals. I expected my peers to arrange them into a physical look-book but having delivered the files, received no indication that a look-book was underway. To ensure we met the assessment criteria I mocked up an electronic look-book and campaign.

I sent this to a peer to align, edit and finalise, which she declared was done properly, yet later discovered no alignment to have been done and very little by way of titivation to my original file. At this stage I felt further let down my promotion peers.

I enquired as to the concept behind our invitation to discover no invitation was in preparation. I was disappointed with the simple and basic invitation that was later produced knowing how creative contemporary fashion promoters are being in the industry with their fashion show invitations.

Come presentation day I felt a little drained and that this collaborative project had not been very collaborative. My tutor encouraged me however be proud of my own achievements on the project and this I felt was reflected by our second place award.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment